Enjoy this (mostly!) healthy apple crumble for breakfast or dessert. It’s so easy and full of nutrients. I love making a full dish and keeping it in the fridge. I heat up a serving for a breakfast and have it with a cup of tea! Perfect for cold mornings.
Servings: 6 meals
- Apples (approx. 4 medium sized)
- Peaches (1 tin, drained)
- Unsalted butter (40g softened) (this can be replaced by coconut oil if you wish)
- Pecans (1/2 cup chopped)
- Almonds (1.2 cup chopped)
- Chia seeds (1/4 cup)
- Shredded dried coconut (1/4 cup)
- Almond meal (1/3 cup)
- Cinnamon (3 teaspoons)
- Maple syrup (1 Tablespoon) (the purer the better)
1| Dice softened butter and spread 10g along a baking dish.
2| Slice apples and peaches, removing the cores. Place along the dish onto the butter.
3} In a bowl, mix together the chopped nuts, seeds, coconut and almond meal with the remaining butter, cinnamon and maple syrup.
4| Sprinkle mixture on top of the fruit. Bake in fan forced oven at 200C for 20mins.